Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Front of the House is Taking Shape

We have been busting our butts to get the house ready for the Open House and when I say "we" I really mean Stephan!  =)  He does all of the heavy lifting and I just water the plants!

So let's see if I can do a good view of the house before we moved in.

Front the day we got the keys

So here is the house when we first bought it.  Not too bad, really, just not GREAT.  Lots of dirt, lots of dust, a million ants, 10 million flies and very blah.

Now look at it!

I got my Red Front Door, because let's face it, I AM Red.  =)  My pine trees to remind me of Pine, AZ.

Bird bath, feeder and my roses
 Now I get to see my birdies again!  These are the windows in my Studio so I get to enjoy my birdies again!

Better view with the Pine tree

Whiskey Barrel of Flowers
 Can I just say my flowers are doing AMAZING!  We planted them so late in the season we weren't sure how they were going to do, but they are doing an amazing job at thriving!


Down the way and that thunder boomer is just there to piss me off!
This is the view from the front porch.  We still have about 10 more feet to do in gravel before it is all finished and knowing my man, he will have it done tomorrow!   And the dark skies you see?  They are only there to tease us, give us lots of humidity and piss me off to no end!  This happens EVERY SINGLE DAY and not a drop of stinking rain!

Tomorrow we are taking down the courtyard at the old place and starting to bring over the pergola and fencing.  Stephan disconnected all of the water and power to the cottage today and we should be ready to bring it over next week!!

It was definitely a bittersweet moment and I am not sure if I am going to be able to watch my old courtyard be dismantled.  I know I am getting a bigger courtyard and I have more space in the studio at the house, but the courtyard and cottage was a major labor of love for Stephan and I and let's face it, I am getting sentimental in my old age!

No comments:

Post a Comment