Friday, May 10, 2013

Color Me Fun

Let's have some fun, shall we?

I figured since I have to paint the whole house I may as well have some fun and do up some pretty colors in some of the rooms.

You saw my inspiration piece for the laundry room...

Here are the colors I picked out to try.  Keep in mind the laundry room isn't done and it is still filthy!  My father-in-law should be all finished today and I will be able to post "pretty" pictures soon!


I am liking the darker color for the laundry room.  I figured the dark gray and the white would be a cool contrast.  The freezer and washer/dryer are all white and I am going to have Stephan install some nice white cabinets for above the washer/dryer area so I don't have to look at laundry detergent all the time.  =)  If I don't SEE the detergent maybe I will forget it is a Laundry Room!

Which do you like???  Dark or light for the laundry room?

And here are a couple of ideas I had for the master bedroom.



The really cool part is I have a cute little sitting room right off the master bedroom so I could literally do both of those rooms.  I am really liking the blue and brown.  Stephan LOVES the doors with the different colors.  Not sure I am quite up for painting the doors, but we will see.

As far as the chandeliers go....Um, YA!   Mom would so approve!  I just need to find out where I can get a cute tufted headboard!  Oh, mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!  =)



I also LOVE the purple room, but my honey bunny isn't a fan of the purple color.  But I had to throw it in too!


And I LOVE THIS for the bathroom!  I have got to figure out how to do a darker wood for the cabinets, but I just love this look.  I am definitely taking out the nasty bronze and gold fixtures and replacing them with silver, but the counters and the cabinets are a gross goldy browny nasty color.  But it is something to aspire too and why not add another chandelier, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment