Friday, May 10, 2013

It's A Comin Along

The walls are now WHITE!

The last several days have been full of lots of painting!  Matt and I have been busting our butts getting the walls and ceilings painted in the front area of the house and after one snafu it is looking good!

If you EVER decide you want to repaint your entire house, don't.  BUT if you are feeling wild and crazy then make sure you get GOOD paint!  Stephan picked up a 5 gallon bucket of some white paint and holy crap was it AWFUL!  The streaking was atrocious, the nasty nicotine stained walls showed through and it was a nightmare to work with.

So my hubby ran off late one night to rescue me and came home with some kick ass killer paint from Lowe's.  One little coat had this room shining and lookin pretty!  Plus, it is a dream to work with.  Well, it is unless you are painting a frikken closet!

Not that the paint is the issue, but the closet definitely is.  I have just resigned myself to the fact that the closets will look terrible and that is just the way it will be.  =)

I also tried my hand at painting doors today!  I got tired of looking at those nasty yellow doors and was kind of scared at first.
Nasty door

Pretty door!


Thankfully my door turned out nicely and I am excited to get the really nasty ones done!!  Not to mention finishing up with all the ceilings and closets.  Ick!

Good thing is, Stephan took the day off tomorrow so he will be able to help me out around the house.  The carpet goes in next Friday so all the painting needs to be done by Tuesday so it has time to dry.  After that...moving in my stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment